Monday, March 12, 2012

The Multi-tasking Challenge: Monday

          A couple weeks ago somebody told me during a conversation that girls are unarguably better at multi-tasking than their male counterparts.  Now, this may be true, but when someone presents something as unarguable, especially such a ridiculous claim as the one made to me, I feel almost duty-bound to argue.  So I decided that I would prove this person wrong by embarking on a quest proving that I, in behalf of my sex, could execute diverse tasks simultaneously just as well as the average Joesephine.

         Since it's Spring Break, I chose this week to carry out my plan.  So all week, I will multi-task as much as I can handle, as well as doing one major multi-task per day.  For example, as I write this I am also putting my pants on, whereas I normally would remain un-pantsed for the duration (that's mostly a joke).

        Today's major multi-task is actually one I did a while back, and not today.  I decided that the daily routine of showering and then eating breakfast is an extravagant waste of time, and I could shave off precious seconds of dead table-and-bowl time by enjoying my morning meal in the shower.  And so I did.  One bowl of cereal and three tacos, thank you very much.   

Challenge: 6/10 -  There's an art to not getting the tacos too wet, but the learning curve is pretty forgiving. 

Tasks Performed: 3, if you count singing.  There's potential for 4, but the other common shower task is one that I choose to keep far away from my eating.  Even I have my limits.

Successful?  Yes!

Pro Tip: Stick marshmallows from cereals like Marshmallow Mateys to your stomach to create constelations, spell out secret messages, and so much more!

1 comment: