Monday, July 23, 2012

A whole mess o' pichurs and suchlike

Here be some pictures from Alaska.  Some of them have captions.  You can biggify them with a single click of the mouse.  You cannot smallify them. Please to enjoy!




Creek Street - the former Red Light District of Ketchikan.

Still Creek Street

Yet another Creek Street

I don't know who took this picture of me pontificating, but if the camera flash hadn't startled me out of my reverie, I would have had the meaning of life all figured out in like, 8 more seconds.  I was totally Hendy David Thoreau-ing it up out there.

Hey, here's my bus!  And a cruise ship alongside it.

This is the clan house at Totem Bight State Park, where I give 2 1/2 hour tours.  Totem Bight is by far my favorite tour to give.

Totem pole.  Yup.

This totem pole represents the Native Alaskan legend of how Raven stopped the Grinch from stealing Thanksgiving.

Yonder lies ye olde cannery.

A view of something from a boat somewhere.

Pan to the -o- to the ramic view!

Lumberjacks from all corners of the realm traveled here to compete in the Iron Jack competition, where many lumberjackian feats were attempted.

I believe this is the view of Lower Silvis Lake, after a nice 45 minute hike.


No comments:

Post a Comment